• Advise students regarding policies, procedures, degree requirements, other academic matters.
• Review Plan of Study with each student assigned. Maintain updated Plans for all students.
• Provide one-on-one advising to students regarding required courses and other concerns.
• Monitor student balances, financial aid prior to registering students for term registration and other classes. Check with Business or Financial Aid offices with questions as needed.
• Communicate and work closely with program Registrar.
• Process drop/add requests, student term registrations, and student withdrawals.
• Update student database as necessary.
• Document daily contacts with students and submit monthly report.
• Administer high level customer service to ensure student retention.
• Maintain relationship with instructors so that at-risk students can be addressed.
• Counsel students regarding the academic appeal process.
• Counsel students on graduation details.
• Other duties assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: An understanding of the criminal justice and public safety field and experience in higher education is a plus.
Skills: Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to operate computers and various software programs.
Other: Must have clear background check, reliable transportation, and the ability to be reimbursed for travel expenses.