Vice President for the College of Public Service
Responsible for providing strategic vision and leadership for the overall operations of the College of Public Service. Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, working closely with its members to ensure the overall mission of the University is accomplished and that the goals and objectives of the College of Public Service are met.
Reports directly to the President. Provides Senior Leadership to the Criminal Justice, Emergency Services Management, and Conflict Resolution programs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team of the University, sharing common goals and accountability with other team members.
- Advise the President on programs, policies, procedures and operations pertaining to the College of Public Service.
- Participate in team-based decision making and support the decisions of the Leadership Team, the Chief Operating Officer and the University President.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Establish University-wide measures of institutional effectiveness and monitor progress relative to specific annual and long-term goals.
- Ensure the University fosters diversity and equity.
- Support an environment that recognizes excellence and promotes a positive atmosphere of achievement and pride for students, faculty and staff.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Directors of each program and to faculty and staff in Public Service.
- Ensure that appropriate accreditations are maintained while encouraging innovative approaches to enhancing the training and development of the students enrolled in the College of Public Service.
- Responsible for attracting, developing and retaining a faculty committed to academic excellence and innovative programs of education and service.
- Assess the needs of appropriate employers and emerging trends to ensure that the College of Public Service is positioned to meet those needs.
- Establish, approve and implement procedures to ensure effective coordination and management of all matters pertaining to each program area in the College of Public Service.
- Responsible for the development of the College of Public Service annual budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the University’s resources are allocated in a manner consistent with the goals of the strategic plan as approved by the President, Chief Operating Officer and the Board of Trustees and with budget guidelines.
- Act as an ambassador for the University to the law enforcement community and prepare and deliver speeches and presentations to promote the mission of the University.
- Provide leadership for professional continuing education for all College of Public Service programs.
- Articulate, model and support a positive work culture that embraces the values and principles of Bethel University.
The individual chosen for this position must have and be able to demonstrate the following leadership characteristics adaptability, discernment, prospective, ability to communicate, security, servanthood, resourcefulness, maturity, endurance and accountability.
- Five to ten years executive business experience in law enforcement or a business related field is preferred.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or related degree.
- Proven track record of development and growth in the field of law enforcement or related field.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of making sound business decisions at the executive level.
- Able to understand and uphold the accreditation standards set forth by SACS.
The individual chosen for this position should be an energetic and inspiring leader. This person will be responsible for upholding the mission of the University and moving The College of Public Service into the future through both educational offerings and community service.