School of Education
Reports to the Director of School of Education
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in file completions into the School of Education and complete all entry records for admission.
- Update student enrollment prospect list weekly for on campus M.A.Ed Program
- Interpret and explain university policies and procedures as needed; participate in preparation of orientations and present academic information to new students as needed.
- Work closely with recruiters, advisors, financial aid and registrar’s office.
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to the needs of all students;
- Maintain confidential files.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist students with questions and other concerns as needed.
- Prepares various reports as requested.
- Possibly assist with field placements for field experience and student teaching
- Help plan and organize events hosted or attended by the School of Education
- Enter computer data and update student files electronically
- CAEP Assessment Team Member
- Graduate Admission Committee Member
- Complete academic audits for students applying for graduation
- Advise students on a as needed basis
- Must be available on Saturdays if needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good interpersonal and human relations skills
- Good communication skills (good written, oral, listening)
- Strong computer skills to include (Microsoft Office Suite to include; Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures; ability to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to maintain schedules; sense of urgency; attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction and motivation
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with administration, faculty, and staff,
- Bachelor's degree or experience in advising/education is preferred but not required.