Vice President College of Health Sciences
Vice President of the College of Health Sciences
Responsible for providing strategic vision and leadership for the overall operations of the College of Health Sciences. Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, working closely with its members to ensure the overall mission of the University is accomplished and that the goals and objectives of the College of Health Sciences are met.
Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. Provides Senior Leadership to the Nursing, Sports Medicine, ATEP, EMS and Physician’s Assistant programs as well as the University Health Services program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team of the University, sharing common goals and accountability with other team members.
- Advise the Chief Operating Officer on programs, policies, procedures and operations pertaining to the College of Health Sciences.
- Participate in team-based decision making and support the decisions of the Leadership Team, the Chief Operating Officer and the University President.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Establish University-wide measures of institutional effectiveness and monitor progress relative to specific annual and long-term goals.
- Ensure the University fosters diversity and equity.
- Support an environment that recognizes excellence and promotes a positive atmosphere of achievement and pride for students, faculty and staff.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences, the Directors of each program and to faculty and staff.
- Ensure that appropriate accreditations are maintained while encouraging innovative approaches to enhancing the training and development of the students enrolled in the College of Health Sciences.
- Responsible for attracting, developing and retaining a faculty committed to academic excellence and innovative programs of education and service.
- Assess the needs of healthcare employers and emerging trends to ensure that the College of Health Sciences is positioned to meet those needs.
- Establish, approve and implement procedures to ensure effective coordination and management of all matters pertaining to each program area in the College of Health Sciences.
- Responsible for the development of the College of Health Sciences annual budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the University’s resources are allocated in a manner consistent with the goals of the strategic plan as approved by the Chief Operating Officer and the Board of Trustees and with budget guidelines.
- Act as an ambassador for the University to the medical community and prepare and deliver speeches and presentations to promote the mission of the University.
- Provide leadership for professional continuing education for all College of Health Sciences programs.
- Ensure that the University Health Services is a center of excellence in clinical care.
- Articulate, model and support a positive work culture that embraces the values and principles of Bethel University.
The individual chosen for this position must have and be able to demonstrate the following leadership characteristics adaptability, discernment, prospective, ability to communicate, security, servanthood, resourcefulness, maturity, endurance and accountability.
- Five to ten years executive business experience in healthcare or a business related field is preferred.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related degree.
- Proven track record of development and growth in the field of Health Care, Education or related field.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of making sound business decisions at the executive level.
- Able to understand and uphold the accreditation standards set forth by SACS and those set by the accrediting bodies for each of our healthcare programs within The College of Health Sciences.
The individual chosen for this position should be an energetic and inspiring leader. This person will be responsible for upholding the mission of the University and moving The College of Health Sciences into the future both educational offerings and community service.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.