Reference & Instruction Librarian/Assistant Professor
This position is responsible for reference and instruction activities on the main McKenzie campus but with an additional emphasis on providing services to the distance education students in the various Colleges and Schools of the University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION
• Provide leadership in development, coordination, promotion, delivery and evaluation of the Library’s reference and instruction services for both on-campus and distance students.
• Make recommendations to the Library Director and colleagues on changes in policies, resources and services necessary to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.
• Assume primary responsibility for reference and instruction on the main campus.
• Assume primary responsibility for reference and instruction to distance education students, faculty and staff including monitoring of email and chat reference services.
• Analyze reference transactions data and create reports to evaluate the effectiveness of reference services.
• Analyze instructional sessions and after-course survey data and create reports to evaluate the effectiveness of instructional services.
• Travel to off-campus locations for distance education programs as needed.
• Create and maintain online tutorials and research guides to support outreach and instructional activities.
- Master's degree in Library Science
- 2-4 years of experience in an academic, research, or special library environment.
- Proficient reference and instruction skills including the ability to use the Internet and web-based resources effectively.
- Mastery of technologies relevant to providing library services including Microsoft Office applications in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of course management software.