Staff Athletic Trainer
The Staff Athletic Trainer will work under the supervision of the Sports Medicine Director and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the University's athletic program. The staff athletic trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University's comprehensive sports medicine program. The Staff Athletic Trainer will follow all Federal, State, NATA, BOC, and NAIA laws, rules, regulations and ethical standards that apply.
• Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
• Evaluation of athletic injuries
• Treatment Rehabilitation of athletic injuries
• Providing counseling and education to student athletes
• Athletic Training administrative duties
• Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for sports home and away as assigned by
the Sports Medicine Director
• Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers
• Keeping their schedule of coverage and availability on Sports Medicine Calendar
• Keeping current and accurate documentation daily in EMR
• Submitting and filing accurate insurance claims within 24 hours of incident
• Referral and set up injured athletes to the appropriate provider
• Submitting coaches injury reports on a daily basis
• Work with team doctor and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes
• Other duties as assigned by the Sports Medicine Director or Assistant Director of Sports Medicine
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization with professional experience in collegiate
athletics. Master's degree preferred.
• Certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
• Tennessee Athletic Training Licensure
• Familiarity with Tennessee State Practice Act, NATA-BOe Ethics and Practice Policies, Bethel Sports Medicine Department, as well as NAIA,NCAA governing rules.