Rev. Dr. John Carlock, religion
- Chosen as the Hannibal Seagle Bible Chair for the university.
Tammy Carter, nursing
- Earned the designation Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) after meeting strict eligibility criteria and successfully completing a rigorous certification by the National League of Nursing.
Rev. Dr. Anne B. Hames, senior chaplain
- Received the doctor of ministry degree from Memphis Theological Seminary.
Bill Hetrick, business, and Marion Graham, theatre
- Presented a paper entitled "Zombie Capitalism: The Dead Still Live!" at the 2009 Rethinking Marxism Conference(University of Massachusetts at Amherst). The paper by Graham, Division of Humanities, and Hetrick, Division of Business Administration, demonstrates the importance of interdisciplinary research within the liberal arts tradition.
James Johnson, math and computer science
- During tenure at Bethel has given two talks at professional meetings and attended 4 professional meetings, serving as session chair at each.
- Prior to coming to Bethel, gave 18 presentations at professional meeting, attended 8 different professional workshop/study course meetings, had 4 publications including one with NASA, and directed 7 masters and 2 doctorates.
Dr. James Scruton, humanities
- Latest collection of poems, Exotics and Accidentals, won the 2009 Grayson Books Chapbook Competition.
- Read from his work most recently at the Palm Beach Poetry Festival, the Huntingdon Heritage Day Festival, and at Lee University in Cleveland, Tennessee.
- Has poems appearing in recent or forthcoming issues of Poetry East, Poet Lore, Third Wednesday, Comstock Review, and Southern Poetry Review.
Brian Thacker, music industry studies
- Presented a clinic entitled "Finale 2011: Tips and Tricks" at Illinois Music Educators Association All-State Conference in Peoria, IL.
- Attended the University of Memphis Low Brass Workshop and performed on bass trombone with the Mid-South Trombone Consort.
- Attended the 14th Annual North Carolina Trombone Festival, conducted the Beginning Trombone Choir, performed Koetsier's Allegro Maestoso in the faculty recital, and presented the clinic "Closet J.J. Johnson? Learning Jazz and Improvisation with Smart Music."
Jill Whitfill, Library Director
- Member, Contributed Paper Evaluation Committee for 2011 Conference, Association of College and Research Libraries.