Financial Aid for Associate Degree Online Only

Types of Financial Aid Federal Pell Grant

Ranges from $0 to $5,550 per year for full-time students. Amounts for part-time students are based on the number of hours enrolled.

Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation Grant (TSAC)

Awarded to Tennessee residents who enroll at least half-time and are determined to have financial need. Awards are given on a first-come, first-served basis and range up to $4,000.

William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Programs

Details on the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program can be found here.

William D. Ford Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan Program (PLUS)

Developed for parents or guardians of students and based on credit worthiness. Borrowers may receive amounts up to the cost of education at an institution minus any financial aid a student receives. Interest rates are variable with a limit of 9%. Payments on the loan begin 60 days after the final amount is received and may be spread over as long as ten years. This program is available to dependent students only.

Vocational Rehabilitation Grants

Grants are made through the State Department of Human Services Offices. Contact your county’s local Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services for more information.

Workforce Investment Act Grant

Grants are for recently unemployed adult students. If interested, contact the local Department of Employment Services in your county for more information.

Private Student Loans

Loans are available to students who don’t have enough financial aid assistance to cover all their costs. Approval is based on credit worthiness. Students may borrow up to the cost of education at an institution minus any other financial aid. The interest rate is variable based on a student’s credit rating. There are many lenders who offer these type of loans. To find a lender we recommend that you use your browsers search engine and find a reputable lending institution that you are familiar with.

Employee Reimbursement

Many employers offer tuition reimbursement for employees attending college. Contact your employer’s Human Resource Department to see if they have a reimbursement program. Most employers require that the student pay the college, and then the company reimburses the student. You may be able to use personal student loans to pay initially and then receive the reimbursement from your employer.