Spring 2013 Graduation will be Saturday, May 4 at 10 a.m. It will be held in the Rosemary and Harry Crisp Arena at the Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment on Wildcat Lane in McKenzie. Don't forget that the deadline to apply for May 2013 graduation is February 18, 2013.
At a glance here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your big day:
Graduate parking is available at the football stadium, adjacent to the Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment.
Graduate entrance and dressing area will be designated by signs. Each College will line up in a specific area and will come together for the processional.
Graduate entrance is through the main doors of the arena.
Family and guest entrance is the main building entrance to the Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment. Guest seating, in the GYM, begins at 9 a.m..
In the event of an overflow crowd, the ceremony will be broadcast throughout the building.
Lineup is at 9:00 a.m. If you aren’t present for the lineup roll call, there is a risk that your name will not be called from the stage.
Photographers will be on hand to ‘capture the moment’ and for individual portraits. Information about this is below.
Shirley Nanney Photo will be set up for cap and gown photos from 8:30 until graduation in the line up area and will be set up in the lobby of the Vera Low Center after graduation for cap and gown and family photos.
The following packages will be available:
Package A Package B Package C
2-5x7 1-8x10 1-8x10
4 wallets 1-5x7 2-5x7
4 wallets 8 wallets
$15.00 $20.00 $28.00
Photos must be ordered and paid for when made. Prices include tax and mailing. Any questions call, Ray or Shirley Nanney at 352-5473.
For more information about Fall 2012 graduation contact your appropriate registrar:
Laura L. Foster- Associate Registrar of College of Graduate Studies -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Peeler- College of Health Sciences -- email@example.com
Chris Smith -College of Criminal Justice -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Becky Hames University Registrar -- email@example.com
John Hinds- College of Professional Studies -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Taylor- College of Liberal Arts -- email@example.com
· Graduation is dependent upon completion of all academic requirements as stated in the Bethel catalog.
· Work closely with your academic advisor and the Registrar to ensure that you have met all academic requirements for graduation.
· Contact the Business Office to make arrangements for final payments on your account. Accounts must be paid in full by noon on Wednesday, December 5. Students who fail to meet this deadline, and who have outstanding balances, will not be allowed to participate in commencement exercises. You will then need to reapply for the next graduation.
· Graduation applications may be obtained in the Registrar’s Office or downloaded from the Registrar’s portion of the Bethel website and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive your diploma cover during graduation; however, your actual diploma will be mailed to you approximately three weeks after graduation of the date of your conferral, whichever comes first. If you should have any address changes be sure to let the University Registrar know so there will be no delay in your receiving your diploma.
Deadlines to Apply for Graduation
· May Graduation – Deadline to apply is February 18
· August Graduation – Deadline to apply is June 7
· December Graduation – Deadline to apply is September 30
Ladies should wear dark clothing with dark shoes. The mortar board sits straight across the head (not tilted) with the tassel on the right for undergraduate students and on the left for graduate students. If you receive a white collar with the regalia, it should be worn. Gentlemen should wear dark slacks, white shirt and dark shoes.
· All students are responsible for ordering their own academic regalia. Graduation regalia, invitations, and class rings may be ordered directly through Jostens at www.jostens.com or by calling 1-800-854-7464. After the online deadline has passed, an additional shipping fee may be added to your total.