Fall 2013 Graduation will be Saturday, Dec. 7 with Graduate Students graduating at 2 p.m. and Undergraduate Students graduating at 10 a.m. It will be held in the Rosemary and Harry Crisp Arena at the Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment on Wildcat Lane in McKenzie. Don't forget that the deadline to apply for Fall 2013 graduation is Sept. 30, 2013.
Note: There is a possibility that a certain number of tickets will be issued to each graduate if our graduation numbers are high. This is to ensure that all guests get to be seated and take part in seeing their friend or family member graduate. If the graduation numbers are not as high, ticketing will not be necessary. Be watching for updates from your Registrar about this.
At a glance here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your big day:
- Graduate parking is available at the football stadium, adjacent to the Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment.
- Graduate entrance and dressing area will be designated by signs. Each College will line up in a specific area and will come together for the processional.
- Graduate entrance is through the main doors of the arena.
- Family and guest entrance is the main building entrance to the Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment. Guest seating, in the GYM, begins at 9 a.m..
- In the event of an overflow crowd, the ceremony will be broadcast throughout the building.
- Lineup is at 9:00 a.m. If you aren’t present for the lineup roll call, there is a risk that your name will not be called from the stage.
- Photographers will be on hand to ‘capture the moment’ and for individual portraits. Information about this is below.
Shirley Nanney Photo will be set up for cap and gown photos in the line up area and will be set up in the lobby of the Vera Low Center after graduation for cap and gown and family photos.
The following packages will be available:
Package A Package B Package C
2-5x7 1-8x10 1-8x10
4 wallets 1-5x7 2-5x7
4 wallets 8 wallets
$15.00 $20.00 $28.00
Photos must be ordered and paid for when made. Prices include tax and mailing. Any questions call, Ray or Shirley Nanney at 352-5473.
For more information about August 2013 graduation contact your appropriate registrar:
Kathy Andante- College of Health Sciences -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Smith -College of Public Service -- email@example.com
Becky Hames University Registrar -- firstname.lastname@example.org
John Hinds- College of Professional Studies -- email@example.com
Shirley Martin- College of Arts & Sciences -- firstname.lastname@example.org