Requirements for Admission to the Nursing Program
Bethel Department of Nursing seeks individuals who will bring the qualities of scholarship, motivation, commitment and excellence to the profession of nursing. A nursing class is admitted in the fall semester of each academic year.
Students must apply for full-time enrollment in the nursing program and be admitted to be considered an enrolled student in the nursing program. Selection of students for admission is on a competitive basis with equal opportunity for all qualified individuals. The Committee on Admissions carefully examines each applicant’s scholastic record and TEAS admission examination scores to determine eligibility and rank for admission.
To be considered for admission into the Bethel Department of Nursing, the student must meet the following criteria:
- acceptance for admission or current enrollment in Bethel University
- a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above on all completed university courses.
- completion of the ATI TEAS admission examination
- completion of all pre-requisite courses with a grade of C or greater
- completion of all prerequisite courses except for 9 credit hours (see below for further information)
- submission of an application for admission to the Department of Nursing prior to March 1 in the year that the student seeks admission to the fall nursing class
- submission of copies of all university transcripts to the Registrar’s office prior to March 1 in the year that the student seeks admission to the fall nursing class
- submission of a $25.00 nursing application fee to the Bethel Business office
An application may be requested from the Office of Admissions, Department of Nursing or downloaded from the Bethel University web site.
The ATI TEAS admission examination will be administered by the Department of Nursing in January & February each year. Contact the Department of Nursing at 731-352-6757 for information regarding scheduled dates for ATI TEAS examination administration. A study manual for the ATI TEAS is available to assist with preparation for the examination from www.atitesting.com.
The student is responsible for ensuring that all required documents are received by Bethel University and in the Department of Nursing by March 1st. No consideration will be made for admission to the fall class if all documents are not present in the student’s file when the Committee on Admissions meets after March 1 to admit students to the fall class. No exceptions will be made.
The number of students admitted is dependent upon educational resources available to support the program.
Students will be notified of admission status after March 31st of the year in which admission is requested.
Students must complete all Core Required courses & Program Required courses with a grade of C or higher to be eligible for admission into the nursing program. The specific courses are all courses required in the Freshman & Sophomore years – a total of 64 general education credits.
The following courses are prerequisite courses.
HIS 201 & HIS 202 or HIS 211 & HIS 212
Students may be accepted for admission into the fall nursing class pending completion of all pre-requisite courses prior to entry into nursing courses in the fall semester. The student is highly recommended to have completed all prerequisite courses prior to enrolling in the nursing program. However, prior to enrolling in nursing courses, the student may still lack 9 credit hours. These 9 credit hours may only come from the following courses: REL 111, REL 112, HIS 201, HIS 202, HIS 211, HIS 212, PED Elective.
Please contact 352-6757 or 352-6768 with questions about any of the above information.