Requirements for First-Time Freshmen
--A minimum 18 Enhanced ACT Score OR a minimum 860 SAT Score (combined Critical Reading and Math)
--A minimum 2.25 GPA
--Class rank in the top one half of the graduating class
*In addition, each student admitted must have earned the minimum high school units required for graduation.
Admission Process for First-Time Freshmen
Next, have your high school guidance counselor send an Official Transcript to the Office of Enrollment Services, PO Box 130, McKenzie, TN 38201. Make sure your cumulative GPA and class rank (if available) are included on your transcript.
Also, have your official ACT/SAT scores sent to the Office of Enrollment Services, PO Box 130, McKenzie, TN 38201.
Finally, you must submit immunization records. Click here for immunization requirements.
If you’re a transfer student, click here.
If you're a former Bethel student wishing to reapply, click here.
If you have been accepted for admission to Bethel University and would like to register for classes, please contact your Enrollment Counselor.
3. Official ACT or SAT Scores
4. Official college transcript (if required)
a. Transfer Form from last institution attended
5. $30 Application Fee
6. If you do not meet 2 of the 3 requirements, 2.25 GPA, 18/860 ACT/SAT, or rank in top half of graduating class, please provide 2 letters of recommendation.
7. You will be charged a $75 COE course fee if you are entering freshmen. Please be prepared to pay this fee at registration. You also may have additional classroom extra fees.
8. File the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Bethel’s school code is 003480 and we must be the first choice. If not, call 1-800-4FEDAID to add Bethel so we will be able to access the FAFSA information for financial aid purposes. You will need the DRN number to make the change. This is not the same as the PIN number. Also, you may make the change using your PIN number at fafsa.gov.
9. Financial Aid verification must be complete prior to registration.
10. Financial awards must be completed on student’s E-Portal (click here or at the top of the page). Please bring your 4 digit FAFSA pin for student loan paperwork.
11. Submit all required immunization records to Olivia Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 731-352-6804 or 731-241-0013. You may call 731-352-4291 with immunization questions or concerns. Click here for the list of required immunizations.
12. All students must have health insurance. Bethel University has negotiated an affordable and comprehensive health care plan for our students. All students are automatically enrolled! The tentative price for the year is $1300. Students who are US citizens and have comparable health insurance coverage through parents or elsewhere will not be required to buy the college sponsored plan, but must opt out before August 2014. Please note that short term policies, out of state Medicaid policies or any other plan that will not cover you in the state of Tennessee will not meet waiver guidelines. If you have any questions at all concerning health insurance please contact Cindy Hurt at 731-352-6923, or email email@example.com .
13. If you plan to opt out of the insurance please use the following website www.bethelu.edu click current student, student health insurance, and online wavier. If you have any questions please contact Cindy Hurt 731-352-6923.
14. Proof of vehicle registration, proof of vehicle insurance, and Emergency Notification form must be provided to the Office of Security.
15. Submit housing card (if living on campus) you can retain a card by clicking here.
16. $175 Housing Deposit (if living on Campus) The housing deposit must be paid out of pocket prior to or at registration. The housing deposit will not be taken out of Financial Aid funds or student account credits.
17. $15 Residence Hall Activity Fee (if living on Campus) payable to Resident Director upon receiving your room key. Please do not pay this fee in the Business Office.
18. For information regarding payment plan options, contact the Business Office @ 731-352-4230 or visit www.afford.com
19. Prior to arriving on campus, you are to complete the Haven online course. Watch your BU email for more information on this program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
20. Fall 2015 registration dates are Thursday, May 14, Thursday, June 11, Thursday, July 16 and Thursday, July 30
*Before a student will be allowed to participate in the registration process, he/she must be accepted for Admissions to Bethel University. Each student must complete each item on this list before the day of registration.
Visit our Campus! Set it up now.