Requirements for First-Time Freshmen
--A minimum 18 Enhanced ACT Score OR a minimum 860 SAT Score (combined Critical Reading and Math)
--A minimum 2.25 GPA
--Class rank in the top one half of the graduating class
*In addition, each student admitted must have earned the minimum high school units required for graduation.
Admission Process for First-Time Freshmen
Next, have your high school guidance counselor send an Official Transcript to the Office of Enrollment Services, PO Box 130, McKenzie, TN 38201. Make sure your cumulative GPA and class rank (if available) are included on your transcript.
Also, have your official ACT/SAT scores sent to the Office of Enrollment Services, PO Box 130, McKenzie, TN 38201.
Finally, you must submit immunization records. Click here for immunization requirements.
If you’re a transfer student, click here.
If you're a former Bethel student wishing to reapply, click here.
If you have been accepted for admission to Bethel University and would like to register for classes, please contact your Enrollment Counselor.
These are the items a student must complete in order to officially register for classes in Fall 2016
1. Application for Admission
2. Official High School Transcript
3. Official ACT or SAT Scores
4. Official college transcript (if required)
a. Transfer Form from last institution attended
5. $30 Application Fee
6. Must meet 2 out of the 3 requirements: 2.25 GPA, 18/860 ACT/SAT, or rank in top half of graduating class.
7. You will be charged a $75 COE course fee if you are an entering freshman. Please be prepared to pay this fee at registration. You also may have additional classroom extra fees.
8. File the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Bethel’s school code is 003480 and we must be the first choice. If not, call 1-800-4FEDAID to add Bethel so we will be able to access the FAFSA information for financial aid purposes. You will need the DRN number to make the change. Also, you may make the change using your FSA ID at fafsa.ed.gov.
9. Financial Aid verification must be complete prior to registration.
10. Financial awards must be completed on student’s E-Portal (www.bethelu.edu, ePortal link).
11. The Department of Education has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN with a FSA ID. The FSA ID is a username and password. Please login to fsaid.ed.gov. If you are a dependent student, your parent also must create a FSA ID. Student and parent bring your FSA username and password to registration.
12. Submit all required immunization records to Olivia Williams, email@example.com or fax or please call 731-352-4291 with immunization questions or concerns. See link for required immunizations: http://www.bethelu.edu/admission/undergraduate_admission/traditional_undergraduates/request_forms/immunization_record_form
13. It is policy of Bethel University that ALL students attending class on campus must have valid health insurance with the exception of commuters who are not involved in any extra-curricular activities such as athletics, renaissance, or intermural sports. Insurance coverage can be documented by providing a copy of the student’s current insurance card to the Student Insurance Coordinator. We do not accept out of state Medicaid, short term policies (policies that must be renewed every few months, or is not compliant with the Affordable Healthcare Act), or any policy that does not have coverage in the state of Tennessee. The policy must have coverage other than the emergency room. Students are urged to send their cards prior to any registration for it to be verified as an active policy. If a student does not have an active policy on registration, they will not be able to continue until the situation is worked out. The students are also automatically enrolled in Bethel University’s comprehensive health plan. The charge will show up on their student account. If the student has a valid qualifying insurance they can OPT OUT of the charge. This MUST be done by the waiver deadline of August 26th, 2016. Please email insurance cards or direct questions concerning insurance coverage or opting out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 731-352-6923.
14. Proof of vehicle registration, proof of vehicle insurance, and Emergency Notification form must be provided to the Office of Security.
15. Submit housing card (if living on campus) you can retain a card via the internet http://www.bethelu.edu/admission/undergradute_admission/traditional_undergraduates/housing/.
16. $175 Housing Deposit (if living on Campus) must be paid out of pocket prior to or at registration. The housing deposit will not be taken out of Financial Aid funds or student account credits.
17. $15 Residence Hall Activity Fee (if living on Campus) payable to Resident Director upon receiving your room key. Please do not pay this fee in the Business Office.
18. For information regarding payment plan options, contact the Business Office @ www.afford.comor visit
19. Following your Fall Registration, you will receive information about the Haven online course through your Bethel email. Completion of this course is required. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
20. Sign up for a registration: April 16, May 12, May 26, June 9, June 23, July 16, or July 29.
Before a student will be allowed to participate in the registration process, he/she must be accepted for Admission to Bethel University. Each student must complete each item on this list before the day of registration. Classes start Monday, August 22.
Visit our Campus! Set it up now.