REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION
Students whose Primary Native Language is not English must meet one of the following, in addition to providing scores on the ACT or SAT:
-Score of 513 on theTOEFL paper-based exam
-Score of 183 on the TOEFL computer-based exam
-Score of 65 on the TOEFL internet-based exam
-Score of 17 on the ACT English subtest
-Score of 415 on the SAT Critical Reading subtest
-Score of 5 overall and 5 in each exam area on the International English Language Test (IELTS)
TOEFL scores are valid for two years from the date of the exam. Scores on the SAT or ACT and TOEFL are required. Any student who obtains a TOEFL internet-based score below 99 and/or an ACT English score of 17 or below will be required to take ENG 015 and ENG 016. If a student obtains a grade of A or B in ENG 015, the ENG 016 will not be required.
*Check out our FAQ's for international students.
The Admission Process
1. Complete an Online Admissions Application at: https://secure.sitemason.com/www.bethelu.edu/admission/application. A $30 application fee will be charged for processing. You may pay cash, credit card, money order or wire transfer to the Bethel University Business Office.
2. Submit Official TOEFL (if you are non-English speaking), and Official ACT/SAT scores to the Office of Enrollment Services.
3. Submit your Final Official transcript/marks/grades/certificate of completion from the high school/secondary school you attended. *All documents must be translated to English.* Also, you may be required to pay an additional fee if an outside service is needed to evaluate any supporting documents, transcripts, etc. If you are transferring within the United States, we require all official transcripts from each college attended along with Bethel's transfer evaluation form (will be sent to you upon applying).
For students transferring from institutions outside of the United States, we require that all transcripts are evaluated by: World Education Services:International Credential Evaluation (WES)- ICAP Course-by-course evaluation:$205 (Use of other services is subject to approval by the Bethel University Registrar.)
4. Submit an official letter from a bank or sponsor regarding current finances.
*Upon acceptance, the International Packet will be mailed which will include paperwork necessary to apply for a student visa.*
5. You must submit your immunization records. Click here for immunization requirements.
You may apply for admission upon completion of your junior year of high school. We encourage you to apply to Bethel University by November of your senior year in order to maximize financial aid opportunities and enjoy other benefits of an early admission decision.
We will notify you of the admission decision upon completion of documents received for your admission file.
A deposit of $175 will be required to reserve housing accommodations and the housing card application if you are a resident student.
All international students are required to purchase the Bethel International Student Health Insurance, 2015-2016 Academic Year: $1,664. (prices may vary dependent upon the academic year)