First Ever Bethel Fitness Pageant Held
Bethel student Krysani Boyd was crowned the first-ever Miss Bethel Fitness at the 2012 Bethel Fitness Pageant on Sept. 20, an event presented by the Bethel University Fitness Society. Nine of Bethel’s fittest female students competed in a three-round pageant that consisted of casual wear, formal/business wear, and sportswear .
During Round 1, contestants sported casual wear, an event that counted for 25% of each contestant’s overall score. During Round 2, contestants modeled business attire, an event that also counted 25% of each contestant’s score. In Round 3, competitors donned their best sports/workout attire, an event that counted 50% of each contestant’s overall score.
Special awards were announced prior to announcing the top three. Krysani Boyd won the Best Arms award, Dallas McCray won the Best Legs award, Shanley Yarbrough won the Best Abs award, and Lesley Medlin won Miss Congeniality. 3rd place went to freshman Anaceah Warren and runner-up was Shanley Yarbrough.