Important Information about Bethel University Insurance
It is time to get geared up for Fall 2014! This year’s insurance requirements are as follows:
Bethel University Insurance 2014-2015
· Due to the vast array of classroom and extra-curricular activities associated with the McKenzie campuses, it is Bethel University’s policy that ALL fulltime undergraduate students attending the College of Arts and Sciences and/or the College of Health Sciences must have valid health insurance.
· You must turn in an active insurance card and go online and opt out of Bethel’s insurance plan if you have valid active insurance.
· You must go online and opt out by August 22, 2014.
· You must receive a confirmation number for the 2014-2015 year. You are not opted out unless you receive a confirmation number. If you can’t print your confirmation number—I would suggest taking a picture of it.
· Please note: Putting invalid information in the system will cause it to be kicked out. Please make sure you have all your correct insurance information in front of you when opting out.
· Go to http://www.summitamerica-ins.com/bethel to opt out. You can also go to bethelu.edu and click on current students-then click on student health insurance-then click on the online waiver option.
· You must use your whole student ID number to opt out.
· If you do not have insurance you can sign up for insurance. The cost is $1,300 for the year. It must be paid in full. It must be paid prior to classes starting on August 18, 2014.
· Hernia will be covered under the policy for the 2014-2015 school year
· If you have any questions concerning the insurance or want to turn in your card –email email@example.com. You can also bring your card to me in the Vera Low Center.
We look forward to seeing you for Fall 2014!!
Student Insurance Coordinator