- Crowds of students, faculty, staff, trustees and community members gathered on Bethel’s McKenzie campus on Aug. 19 for the ribbon cutting for the school's newly erected Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment.
- Bethel University’s Department of Security was named a Patriotic Employer by the Office of the Secretary of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. This award is given to outstanding employers who go “above and beyond” in supporting their employees who serve as “warrior citizens” in the Army National Guard and Reserve.
- Hot air balloon rides were part of Bethel University’s Bethel Blast held Aug. 20 on the school’s McKenzie campus.
- Bethel University Athletics has a new member of the athletic family. Brad Chappell of McKenzie has accepted the position of Associate Athletics Director.
- A special message from Bethel Head Football Coach Dino Kaklis on Michael Jasper's Signing of Contract with Buffalo Bills "I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know that Bethel University Football First Ever NFL Draft Pick, Michael Jasper (7th Round - Pick #245), signed his contract with the Buffalo Bills earlier today. This is just the beginning for Mike. He now has to get through camp - competing every day to earn a roster spot. He will be on his way to camp later this evening. Please keep him in your daily thoughts and prayers. Words cannot express how proud I am of Mike. This is an amazing opportunity many people can only dream of; it is a testament of his hard work and dedication throughout the years." You can view the signing and an interview with Mike on the Buffalo Bills website: http://www.buffalobills.com/
- Bethel University held its summer 2011 Commencement ceremonies on Saturday, Aug. 6 at the school's McKenzie campus.
- The Bethel University Center for Travel Studies is offering a Disney Institute travel study opportunity Aug. 28-Sept.
- Daniel Killian What are you doing this summer? I am doing an internship this summer at Universal Music Publishing, the largest music publishing company in the world. How did you get involved with this internship? I got involved in this internship because it is required for me to graduate. And for me the choice was simple, I went to Nashville on career day with the rest of the music industry majors from Bethel. We were exposed to many different areas of the business and I chose to intern at a publishing company. I applied at several, and was surprised to secure an internship at the biggest music publishing company in the world, Universal Music Publishing What is your major? I am a music business major. What are your duties in this internship? So far, I have helped update the catalog. I’ve met many famous songwriters, and even talked to a few well-known superstars of country music such as Keith Urban. What are you planning to do when you graduate? After graduation, I plan on attending law school specializing in entertainment law.
- Kayla Dyer What are you doing this summer? I am doing mission work this summer at a deaf Church in Nashville. It's called Brentwood Baptist Deaf Church. How did you get involved? How I got involved...Well last summer I went on a mission trip to West Virgina with the Weakley County Baptist Association and my friend and the intern for the BCM at UTM and now Bethel went with us. When we got there our camp pastor had a son who has special needs and was starting to learn sign language. We got super close and I would sign with him a little each day. Well that summer I felt lead to do mission work more during college and to make it a life choice for after college. I said that God spoke through a little boy who couldn’t speak. Also my major at Bethel is special education and I want to work with deaf children. When we were still in West Virginia the intern (Sam) told me about a mission trip that his friend had gone on to Brentwood Baptist Deaf Church and he thought it would be a great idea for me to apply for a summer internship with them so I prayed about it and applied and one year later here I am at that very church! God is Good! How did you start signing? I got started with signing through my church. We have always had a signing team. We sign to music. I started when I was in 5th grade. I have never had a sign language class before this trip. This is my first time working with this church and with deaf people! What an experience!
- Bethel University friends gathered on the school’s McKenzie campus Saturday, June 25 for the dedication and ribbon cutting for the newly renovated Odom Hall. “We are very proud of this renovation,” Bethel President Bob Prosser said.