- The College of Liberal Arts Open House scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 22 has been cancelled because of icy roads and poor weather conditions.
- The Dallas Brass, one of America’s foremost musical ensembles, performed on the Bethel campus on Tuesday, Jan. 18 along with some of Bethel University’s students.
- Bethel University’s College of Liberal Arts is proud to recognize its spring 2011 undergraduate education student teachers. Pictured are back row l to r: Levi Irwin of Wayne City, Ill., majoring in history, who will be student teaching at Inman Middle School and at Huntingdon High School; Jacob Canaday of Gleason, majoring in child learning and development, who will be student teaching at Central Elementary (Bruceton) and at Greenfield; Brandon McKinnon of Dickson, majoring in instrumental music, who will be student teaching at Henry Elementary and at Milan High School; John Graham of Union City, majoring in physical education, who will be student teaching at Lake Road Elementary and at Obion Central High School; Zach Tippitt of Corinth, Miss., majoring in biology, who will be student teaching at Inman Middle School and at McKenzie High School; Stephen Williams of McKenzie, majoring in child learning and development, who will be student teaching at West Carroll Elementary and at Paris Elementary; Justin Bell of Union City, majoring in instrumental music, who will be student teaching at Rhea Elementary and at McKenzie High School.
- The Dallas Brass, one of America’s foremost musical ensembles, will be performing on the Bethel University campus on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m., along with some of Bethel University’s students.
- Bethel University and the Department of Nursing are pleased to announce that Tammy Carter, Assistant Professor of Nursing, has earned the designation Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) after meeting strict eligibility criteria and successfully completing a rigorous certification examination developed and administered by the NLN. “The NLN’s Academic Nurse Educator Certification (ANEC) Program has conferred new visibility and stature upon the academic nursing community,” said Dr.
- Ellen Hood, a Bethel University senior from Anderson, Ala., will direct the Academic Theatre Production, “The Philadelphia Story,” which is scheduled for Feb. 10-11 in Bouldin Auditorium of the Dickey Fine Arts Building.
- The community is invited to Bethel University for “A Very Bethel Christmas” Open House and Contest which continues this weekend, Dec. 11 and 12.
- Bethel University’s annual Renaissance Christmas Shows coninue this Friday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m., with performances this weekend also at 7 p.m.
- ABC's Claire Shipman spoke Thursday at Bethel University's first ever Scholars Forum. Shipman is national news correspondent and substitute anchor on ABC News' Good Morning America.
- A celebration dinner on Friday, Nov. 12 commemorated the announcement of the largest gift to Bethel University in the school’s history.