- Chaz Dachenhaus of Leesville, S.C. was named the 2011-2012 Hutchins Scholar at Bethel University during the school's fall 2011 Opening Convocation ceremonies.
- The Rev. Dr.
- The Paris Henry County Arts Council will be presenting the Bethel University Renaissance Theatre production of the classic stage play “Steel Magnolias” Sept. 9-10 at the Krider Performing Arts Center in Paris.
- Bethel University is proud to announce its 23 fall 2011 student teachers. Those student teachers working toward the completion of a bachelor’s degree include: Kayla Argo, (child learning and development) from Paris; Jennifer Arnold, (history) from Gleason; Lindsay Bowman, (child learning and development) from McKenzie; Justin Curtis, (math) from Trezevant; Toby Dressel, (biology) from McKenzie; Felicia Hindman, (child learning and development and exceptional learning and development) from Yuma; Robert Jones, (history) from Gleason; Josh Kelly (child learning and development) from McKenzie; Tina Rich (child learning and development) from Savannah; Ashley Roark (music) from Henning: Katie Shapcott (child learning and development) from McKenzie; Jennifer Townson (history) from Dyersburg; Christopher Williams (history) of McKenzie; Cassidy Wilson (English) of McKenzie; and Angela Wood (exceptional learning and development) of Darden.
- Crowds of students, faculty, staff, trustees and community members gathered on Bethel’s McKenzie campus on Aug. 19 for the ribbon cutting for the school's newly erected Vera Low Center for Student Enrichment.
- Bethel University’s Department of Security was named a Patriotic Employer by the Office of the Secretary of Defense Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. This award is given to outstanding employers who go “above and beyond” in supporting their employees who serve as “warrior citizens” in the Army National Guard and Reserve.
- Hot air balloon rides were part of Bethel University’s Bethel Blast held Aug. 20 on the school’s McKenzie campus.
- Bethel University Athletics has a new member of the athletic family. Brad Chappell of McKenzie has accepted the position of Associate Athletics Director.
- A special message from Bethel Head Football Coach Dino Kaklis on Michael Jasper's Signing of Contract with Buffalo Bills "I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know that Bethel University Football First Ever NFL Draft Pick, Michael Jasper (7th Round - Pick #245), signed his contract with the Buffalo Bills earlier today. This is just the beginning for Mike. He now has to get through camp - competing every day to earn a roster spot. He will be on his way to camp later this evening. Please keep him in your daily thoughts and prayers. Words cannot express how proud I am of Mike. This is an amazing opportunity many people can only dream of; it is a testament of his hard work and dedication throughout the years." You can view the signing and an interview with Mike on the Buffalo Bills website: http://www.buffalobills.com/
- Bethel University held its summer 2011 Commencement ceremonies on Saturday, Aug. 6 at the school's McKenzie campus.