- The Rev. Dr.
- Judge John Everett Williams, a judge on the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals, will be the guest speaker at Bethel University on Friday, Sept. 17 as part of the school’s celebration of Constitution Day.
- Potential students can get a good idea of what Bethel University is all about Tuesday, Oct. 5, by attending the first of the school’s Preview Days this year.
- Bethel University’s Master of Arts in Education (MAEd.) face-to-face program held orientation recently for students entering the program. Beginning students included: Mallory Joy Akin of Newbern; Daniel Lafayette Andrews of Harvest, Ala.; Letitia Ruth Bell of McKenzie; Sarah Kristin Bradberry of McKenzie; Johnny Nora Bradford of Brownsville; Christie Lynn Bursey of Brighton; Margot Marie Creasman of Rutherfordton, N.C.; Willie Cripps of Hermitage; Michele Souza Cunha of Brazil; Chancy L’amour Depriest of Trezevant; Kenneth Dewayne Dunn of McKenzie; Felicia Nichole Etheridge of McKenzie; Tyler Hudson Faulkner of Huntsville, Ala; Paul M.
- Opening Convocation, a worship service initiating the beginning of a new school year, was held for Bethel's College of Liberal Arts on Tuesday, Aug. 31.
- Stephanie R. Owen of Lexington, Tenn., and Billy Black of Bartlett, Tenn., were named the 2010-2011 Hutchins Scholars at Bethel during the school's fall 2010 Opening Convocation ceremonies.
- Bethel University has named the VIP suite at Wildcat Football Stadium in honor of former student and longtime Bethel supporter Kermit Holland of McKenzie, according to President Bob Prosser. A dedication and dinner were held to honor Holland on Thursday evening, Aug.
- Fall 2010 traditional undergraduate classes began at Bethel University on Monday, Aug. 23 with many students for the first time enjoying the recently built Ray and Linda Morris Science Complex.
- Bethel Universityís College of Liberal Arts welcomed five new faculty members for the fall 2010 semester. The new faculty members were welcomed by Walter Butler, Executive Vice President for the College of Liberal Arts and Cindy Mallard, Interim Academic Dean.
- Bethel Blast, a family-filled event for the community and for Bethel students, was held this past Saturday, Aug. 21, on the school’s McKenzie campus.