- Erin Swindle of Tampa, Fla., is Bethel University’s 2011 Hendrix Scholarship winner. Swindle competed against more than 30 other candidates who were invited to sit for the competition.
- Dr. Sarah Kidd devotes her time to working with the Carroll County Humane Society.
- Anna Sweet, a junior at Bethel, fills the pulpit at Mill Creek Cumberland Presbyterian.
- Bethel University will host the Job Market, the 20th annual consortium career fair on Thursday, March 17. The event is sponsored by a five-member consortium that includes Bethel University, Freed-Hardeman University, Lambuth University, Union University, and Lane College in an effort to provide career resources to their students and alumni.
- Air Evac Flight Nurse Andrea Abbott recently presented a Basic Arrhythmia Class to the senior Bethel University nursing students. To conclude the class, an Air Evac Crew from Jackson landed at Wildcat Stadium where the nursing students and faculty toured the helicopter and visited with the crew.
- Dr. Dale Manor, professor of archaeology and Bible at Harding University, and field director for Tel Beth-Shemesh excavations, will be on the Bethel University campus on Wednesday, Feb.
- The deadline to apply for Bethel University’s most prestigious scholarship competition, the Hendrix Scholarship, is Feb. 12, with the competition itself taking place Feb.
- The College of Liberal Arts Open House scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 22 has been cancelled because of icy roads and poor weather conditions.
- The Dallas Brass, one of America’s foremost musical ensembles, performed on the Bethel campus on Tuesday, Jan. 18 along with some of Bethel University’s students.