- Calvin “C.J.” Cassell of Nashville was named the Bethel University 2010 Hendrix Scholarship winner after 31 invited students competed for the honor during the annual competition held Feb.
- The 2010 Bethel Christian Youth Festival (BCYF) is this weekend, March 26-28, on Bethel University’s McKenzie campus. This year’s theme, “God: Coach of our Lives,” will center around the Bible verse, Hebrews 12:1, which states “Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
- Bethel has begun site work and is moving forward with construction of a new residence hall that will house 266 students, according to President Bob Prosser. The project is scheduled for completion in August of this year just in time for the fall 2010 semester.
- The Bethel University Wind Ensemble and Renaissance Symphonic Band will present the first of two concerts for the spring 2010 season on Tuesday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m. The concert will be held in the Bethel Performing Arts Center on the corner of Stonewall St.
- Bethel University's Academic Theatre production of the play “Proof” begins this Thursday, Feb. 25, in Bouldin Auditorium of the Dickey Fine Arts Building on campus.
- Bethel University’s inaugural bass team finished in the top five at Lake Guntersville during a blinding snow storm which left northern Alabama with more than two inches of snow on boats and anglers during the event. Twenty-eight college teams competed in the event with a total of 71 boats and 142 anglers taking part.
- Bethel University’s students have initiated a number of events recently that have raised funds for relief efforts following a devastating earthquake in Haiti. Zeta Nu Theta sorority and Kappa Phi Rho fraternity raised close to $300 collecting loose change from fellow students, while a number of Bethel’s Greek groups including Psi Theta Phi, Alpha Phi Sigma, Beta Sigma Rho, Psi Gamma Phi, Kappa Kappa Psi and Kappa Phi Rho held a Haiti Relief Bash and raised more than $100.
- The Bethel University Singers have been invited to be a part of the Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie hall in New York City on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Bethel University's College of Liberal Arts (McKenzie Campus) will return to its normal schedule of classes on Tuesday, February 16, 2010, at 8:00 A. M.
- Bethel will host College Goal Sunday on its McKenzie campus on Sunday, Feb. 14.