- The Bethel College Lady Wildcats received notification from the NAIA that they have qualified for the NAIA Division I Women's Basketball National Championship to be played in Jackson, Tenn., starting on March 18, 2009. It marks the first time that Bethel has qualified for the National Tournament in Division I play.
- Bethel’s Renaissance choral group left early Saturday morning to begin a week-long spring break tour through middle and east Tennessee and the Northeast. During their trip the group will take part in worship and performance events at a number of venues including: Beaver Creek Cumberland Presbyterian Church in East Tennessee; Knoxville First Cumberland Presbyterian Church; Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Greeneville, Tenn; Ranch Hope Children’s Home in Alaway, N.J.; St.
- Bethel’s Gamma Beta Phi honor society was recognized recently when it earned a Distinguished Chapter Award at the Gamma Beta Phi national convention in New Orleans, La. Sharon Scruton, Bethel’s faculty advisor for the group, was also recognized by being presented with a 10-year service award.
- Marisa Knight of Houston, Texas, was named the 2009 Bethel College Hendrix Scholarship winner. She was chosen over 30 other students who were invited to compete for the recent competition that included a rigorous academic examination and an interview process.
- Dr. Seuss’s “The Cat in the Hat” made an appearance at Bethel on Thursday, Feb.