- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE BETHEL UNIVERSITY CELEBRATION AND SCIENCE BUILDING GROUNDBREAKING
- In conjunction with Bethel's continued growth, the Cumberland Presbyterian School has started two new athletic teams with men and women's shooting. Lance Rider has been chosen to be the head coach of the inaugural teams along with assistants Thomas "Bub" Edwards, Mark Anderson and Bill Lane.
- Bethel began site preparation this week for the school’s new science building – the next in a series of capital improvements. Funds from an anonymous $1 million donation in late 2008 helped to complete funding needed to underwrite the estimated costs of the proposed building, and plans for beginning construction were initiated.
- Prior to its spring 2009 Commencement exercises Bethel’s Department of Nursing held a pinning ceremony for its nursing graduates to signify their transition from nursing student to nursing professional. Awards were also presented at the event.
- A visit from Lindsey Butler, technical theater instructor/faculty assistant at the Dixie Carter Performing Arts Center, concluded Bethel’s 2009 summer reading program on June 30. Butler engaged participants in a theater workshop.
- Prior to Bethel’s spring 2009 Commencement exercises on May 9, the school honored graduates from the class of 1959 with a banquet to celebrate their 50-year graduation anniversaries. Class of 1959 graduates who attended included front row l to r: Charlene Penick Jones, McKenzie; Kate Goode Johnson, Huntsville, Ala.; back row l to r: Jack Golden, Corinth, Texas; Fred Patterson, Paris; Billy Cherry, Dover; and Melvin Orr, Dyersburg.
- A total of 251 students received degrees during Bethel’s spring 2009 Commencement exercises Saturday, May 9 at Dishman Gymnasium in Baker Fieldhouse. Dr.
- The 2009 TranSouth Athletic Conference Softball Tournament was unfortunately shortened due to inclement weather. After dodging storms on Thursday and Friday - "mother nature" finally set in on Pulaski, Tenn.
- This Saturday, May 9, Bethel student James Wilson of Dresden will serve as Crucifer during the school’s spring 2009 commencement ceremony. What’s interesting about Wilson’s role is that, while he is enrolled in Bethel’s traditional undergraduate ministerial program, the father of four and grandfather of three certainly isn’t the typical ministerial candidate.
- Bethel’s spring 2009 commencement is this Saturday, May 9 at 7 p.m., at Wildcat Stadium. Dr.