- Bethel University has been named a Champions of Character Five-Star Institution for the 2012-13 school year, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) announced recently. It marks the second consecutive year the school has been awarded the prestigious award.
- Bethel University's Fall 2013 Commencement scheduled for tomorrow, Dec. 7 has been postponed due to icy weather conditions.It will be rescheduled and an announcement will be made in early January regarding a new date.
- Bethel Renaissance Christmas shows scheduled for tonight, Dec. 6 and tomorrow Dec. 7 have been canceled because of issued winter storm and ice warnings. Ticketholders can get refunds beginning Monday, Dec. 9, at the Bethel University Bookstore (731-352-4094).
- Bethel's College of Arts and Sciences will be closed Friday, Dec. 6 due to the weather forecast.
- Bethel's fall 2013 Commencement scheduled for this Saturday, Dec. 7, will be webcast on Wildcat Vision. Those wanting to watch the undergraduate ceremony, which begins at 10 a.m., can go to the following link: https://www.boxcast.com/show/#/undergraduate-graduation. Those wanting to watch the ceremony for master's degree candidates, which begins at 2 p.m., can go to: https://www.boxcast.com/show/#/undergraduate-graduation-2. Both events will be available starting 15 minutes prior to starting time, and will be archived on the Bethel athletics website.
- More than 500 students are scheduled to graduate at Bethel's Fall 2013 Commencement, which will be Saturday, Dec. 7, with two commencement services.
- Bethel’s senior nursing students presented a check for more than $1,300 to the Caring Hearts Fund of Paris and Henry County Healthcare Foundation, an organization that assists uninsured and under-insured patients with medical bills, prescriptions and transportation expenses to and from treatment. In addition to financial assistance, the Caring Hearts Fund offers cancer survivors and caregivers a cancer support group which meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Cancer Care Center of Henry County.
- Bethel University’s 2013 “Christmas with Renaissance” completed its first weekend of shows at the Bethel Performing Arts Center this past weekend. It also had one show at TPAC in Nashville.
- The Bethel University Percussion Ensemble is proud to present the First Annual Community Percussion Christmas Concert, a family-friendly event featuring a variety of favorite Christmas carols and hymns. The event, which is free and open to the public, will be Thursday, Dec. 5 at 6:30 p.m., in the L.J. Turner Recital Hall in the Marrs-Stockton Hall. Milk and cookies will also be served.
- The Bethel University Department of Music will present “A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols” on Tuesday, Nov. 26.