We propose to award 10 students 40% discount academic theatre scholarships yearly.
1. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA from high school or if a current college student.
2. Must submit an application and essay on why they would be a good candidate for the Academic Theatre scholarship, what they would bring to the program, and what they plan to do in the future.
3. After review of the applications, students may be called to audition if they are performers, or meet with the theatre faculty in regards to technical theatre candidates.
4. Must declare a Theatre major.
5. Must submit a resume of high school/college extracurricular activities, including involvement in theatre productions, service related work, or performance work of any sort.
1. The student must maintain a 3.0 GPA in order to keep their scholarship.
2. The student must work on every main stage production in some capacity. This will be an agreement bwtween the theatre faculty and the student on an individual basis for each production.
3. Students awarded scholarships must complete 6 hours of lab work weekly.
4. Must participate in all show strikes. Does not count as the shop hours.
5. Scholarships will be awarded year by year, and recipients will be reviewed annually for consideraiton of continuation of scholarship.