BU Global Studies
Student Ambassador Program
The goal of the GST Student Ambassador’s Program is to offer students who have recently studied abroad through BU’s Global Studies program, an opportunity to gain practical and professional experience in the field of international education by assisting with outreach, publicity, and advising for the various international opportunities that are available to BU students.
Student ambassadors who enroll in GST 260 will:
- Provide general office support
- Advise prospective students interested in opportunities abroad
- Organize and execute presentations
- Create and distribute outreach materials
- Promote global studies at campus events
- Assist students in understanding the application and pre-departure processes
- Assist with pre-departure orientations
- Contribute to the development of BU Global Studies’ presence online.
- Submit a portfolio documenting their participation in the program
- Earn one credit hour for their participation
- Document one hour of service each week in the Global Studies office
- Pre-requisites include a 3.0 GPA and prior experience traveling with BU’s Global Studies program. This opportunity is not available to freshmen.
As a result of participation, student ambassadors will:
- Gain practical, professional experience in the field of international education
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop skills in oral and written communication
- Develop organizational skills
- Expand their professional network
- Be able to articulate the value of their own global studies experience to future employers and/or graduate school admissions offices
Interested in becoming part of the team?
Contact Stacie Freeman, Director of Global Studies @ email@example.com for more info.