The accounting specialist records financial transactions, updates statements, and checks financial records for accuracy. Under the general director of the Vice President of Finance. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Business Affairs. The employee is responsible for one shift, 7.5 hours/day, 5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to overtime as deemed necessary.
- Audit purchase requisitions, then submit for approval.
- Enter purchase requisitions in MIP, generate purchase orders, and submit purchase order numbers to departments.
- Receive and compare all invoices to purchase orders to match and submit to Accounts Payable Coordinator.
- Reconcile weekly Heartland report and enter into MIP.
- Maintain and reconcile cash drawer.
- Perform related accountabilities and responsibilities as required or directed.
- Technical school certificate in business/accounting or high school diploma (GED/HiSET) or related on-the-job experience. Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Computer skills, basic math skills, and knowledge of spreadsheets and bookkeeping software.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.