Assistant Professor of Music (Music Production)
The Department of Music at Bethel University invites your application for the position of Assistant Professor of Music in Music Production. This is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position to begin January 1, 2024.
The Music Industry program offers undergraduate degrees in Music Production, Recording Arts, and Music Business, and is one of the two largest programs in the Department of Music. In this new position you will not be replacing any departing or retiring faculty; you will be joining our excellent existing Music Industry faculty to help expand the program.
As our new colleague, you will primarily be teaching music production and audio recording courses. Descriptions of our currently offered courses in these areas begin on page 185 of the Course Catalog. Depending on your qualifications, experience, and the department’s needs, you may also have the opportunity to teach other courses or direct an ensemble. You will also have the opportunity to be an academic adviser to music industry students, and to collaborate with your colleagues on curriculum planning and development. Mentoring students will be part of your activities as a Bethel professor, as will be volunteering for service on department, college, and university committees.
- A Master’s degree in Music Technology, Music Production, or related field. A PhD, DMA, or other terminal degree will be a definite advantage.
- Teaching experience (preferably in higher ed.) and a strong commitment to teaching.
- Substantial, documented professional production experience in the music industry.
- The ability to communicate effectively and kindly with students, colleagues, and staff.
To apply, please e-mail us:
- A cover letter detailing exactly how your education, experience, and desire make you the new professor we describe above.
- Your curriculum vitae.
- A document explaining your teaching philosophy.
- A document with contact information for three references.
Please send your e-mail with the above documents attached in PDF form to email@example.com. Your application will be reviewed as soon as we receive it. Also, please send an email with any questions to Dr. Keith Herris, Chair, Department of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Pierre Teilhard de Chardin said “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.” Our spiritual focus is one of the main things that makes Bethel special. With that said however, our first Core Value states: “Bethel creates a learning community which accepts individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs.”
We so look forward to receiving your application!
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.