Athletic Insurance Coordinator
The insurance coordinator works under the supervision of the Sports Medicine Director and ensures all student athletes competing in the University’s athletic programs have insurance. The insurance coordinator is responsible for maintaining records of active insurance for every student-athlete and assisting with claims due to athletic injuries sustained while participating in intercollegiate sports for Bethel University.
- Obtains primary insurance documents for all student-athletes.
- Verifies that all primary insurance meets the criteria set forth in the University’s policy.
- Updates insurance files as documents and policies expire for all student athletes.
- Communicates with athletic trainers and Bethel University coaches about student-athlete insurance issues.
- Assists domestic and international student athletes in obtaining primary insurance through our available SHIP plan.
- Handles all claims for athletic injuries. This includes submitting claims to secondary carriers in a timely manner, ensuring correct documentation is submitted, ensuring medical bills are submitted within a timely manner, and coordinating between providers and secondary carrier on late and past due claims.
- Communicates with providers about the billing process through our secondary carrier.
- Submits all student-athletes’ primary insurance to Vivature for 3rd party billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree in athletic training or a related field preferred)
- 1-3 years of work experience in a collegiate setting (3-5 years preferred)
- Certified through the NATABOC and Tennessee license or eligible to obtain license
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.