Athletics Gift Officer
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Development, the Athletics Gifts Officer oversees fundraising activities for Bethel University’s athletics. This position initially will work with Bethel’s athletic director(s) to create the Wildcat Athletic Club, a group of donors in support of athletic resources and Bethel athlete’s needs. Additionally, this position will manage a portfolio of 25 – 50 donors and prospects toward fundraising goals. The position has responsibility for overall program strategy, implementation, and evaluation of athletics fundraising working collaboratively with colleagues within advancement and athletics. The Gift Officer must be able to work outside normal business hours and be on campus for select athletic contests.
- Working with Bethel’s Athletic Director(s) and coach teams, create and execute the Wildcat Athletic Club and its fundraising strategy.
- Working with Bethel’s event coordinator to create fundraising activities and donor stewardship opportunities in association with current or future athletic events.
- During initiation phase, manage a portfolio of approximately 50 alumni and parents based on athletic affinity. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and engage in stewardship to meet or exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Utilize face-to-face visits and other contacts to develop and enhance relationships with prospects and to move assigned prospects to higher levels of engagement and giving.
- Complete call reports and other administrative responsibilities in a timely manner, utilizing support staff as appropriate.
- Plan and execute travel in a cost-efficient manner, maximizing visits and outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues in formulating and implementing plans and programs to increase the engagement of selected individual prospects within the Wildcat Athletic Club for financial support of Bethel University.
- Develop and oversee the annual Wildcat Athletic annual operating plan including expenses related to membership benefits; communication strategy for internal/external constituents and resources needed for direct and electronic forms of solicitation.
- Coordinate plans and programs with colleagues and campus partners.
- Serve as the division’s liaison to the Athletic department; working with the Athletic Director and coaches to cultivate, solicit and steward donors when appropriate.
- Manage budgets associated with the position’s territory.
- Participate in college events including Homecoming, receptions, and other events.
- Stay abreast of trends within the field and finds ways to continuously develop skills and strategies for improved outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Development Office on special projects as needed.
Must have a Bachelor's degree, basic knowledge of fundraising practices, and familiarity with intercollegiate athletics. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.