Certified Nurse Assistant Instructor (CNA)
Bethel University College of Professional Studies is seeking candidates for CNA Instructor for the Jackson, TN campus evening program.
The Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA) Instructor will instruct students according to the curriculum designed to assist students to build knowledge and clinical skills aimed at passing the licensing exam for Tennessee CNA. The instructor must possess the ability to work with students from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. The Instructor will teach a minimum of 100 hours of classroom instruction. The salary of employment will be contracted per class.
- Teach the course curriculum as outlined. Build knowledge and develop clinical skills aimed at assisting students to obtain the CNA license
- Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained.
- Communicate effectively with students and all those affiliated with the course.
- Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Two (2) years nursing experience and at least one (1) year of experience in the provision of LTC facility services in the last five (5) years.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to perform physical work in a clinical setting and ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Must be organized and have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current education methodologies and techniques.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.