University Relations Communications Specialist
The University Relations Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing internal and external communications and strategies that support Bethel University’s mission, vision and values. This position is a part of the University Relations team and reports to the University Relations Director of Marketing.
- Develop and implement targeted and integrated communications strategies to engage and inform prospective students, parents, donors, media and the community.
- Manage the production and serve as project manager, editor and principal writer for a wide range of materials and communications.
- Manage communication activities and identify opportunities to advance student recruitment.
- Ensure a consistent brand message across a wide range of communications and materials.
- Manage and create content for the University’s social media accounts.
- Report on social media account activity and provide detailed analysis of outcomes
- Research and interview subjects to produce original written and digital communications and materials.
- Coordinates with University photographer/videographer on coverage of events, stories and communications opportunities.
- Assist with internal communications to staff, faculty and current students.
- Develop and implement public relations strategy to engage and inform media and the community.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with internal and external outlets to improve awareness, investment and enrollment; manage requests for information from media and community sources; proactively pitch stories to media; write news releases; act as media liaison, consultant and trainer for school staff, faculty and students.
- Website content management system updating.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of writing and copy-editing experience; combinations of education and related experience may be considered. A cover letter and portfolio of writing samples are required to be considered for the position.
- First consideration will be given to applicants with experience in higher education, nonprofit or a related field.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.