Criminal Justice Recruiter
College of Professional Studies
Reports to Chief Enrollment Officer
In coordination with the Chief Enrollment Officer, the Recruiter is responsible for establishing and administering recruiting programs for targeting, recruiting and retention of students in graduate and/or undergraduate programs; for developing recruitment programs and recruitment marketing materials; and for visiting and making presentations to schools and other groups and/or individuals to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Develops a detailed understanding of the College of Professional Studies mission, degrees and program and communicates this information to prospective students
- Develops a detailed understanding of the student who is currently employed in the law enforcement or first responder field who is a busy professional with a career and family interested in furthering their education to meet personal goals or dreams
- Selects, interviews, and differentiates among potential CPS candidates to meet monthly and annual goal
- Assists CPS students with completion of applications and coordinates applications for financial assistance
- Develops an understanding of recruiting materials needed to reach specific target vertical markets in the recruiter’s territory
- Creates a marketing strategy within the territory, develops new relationships and nurtures long-term relationships to create a pipeline of future potential candidates.
- Composes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT) analysis of his/her territory, opportunities, and best practices to effectively recruit and communicates this knowledge to the Chief Enrollment Officer for incorporation into the overall marketing strategy
- Make field visits to places of employment, human resource offices, career fairs, etc. to meet with and speak to prospective CPS students
- Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the University and other organizations throughout the state and surrounding states
- Assists in organizing programs and events designed to promote community awareness of opportunities, services, and the CPS mission
- Maintains tracking, reporting, and open lines of communication to ensure CPS meets its goals. Creates and maintains a database of prospective and current students and/or potential degree candidates.
- Responds to inquiries from potential CPS students and contacts
- Manages personal self-development to continue to grow and succeed
- Performs other related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study or equivalent experience; 1 - 3 years' experience in sales and/or similar field.
Location - Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.