ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
Criminal Justice Recruiter
The criminal justice recruiter will field student interest calls, set appointments with prospects, recruit and enroll students for the undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Criminal Justice and Emergency Services Management programs. This position will schedule, organize, execute, and attend various recruitment and relationship events. This will include but is not limited to setting up firehouse visits, roll calls, in-services, one on one meeting with potential students, and talking with Soldiers at Military events. Each recruiter will have duties of cold calling and/or working to establish Law enforcement, firefighter, and Military partnerships; other duties as assigned.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students; assists students with completion of applications; and coordinates applications for financial assistance; Participates in the development of student recruitment and retention plans, strategies, and written materials;
- Composes a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT) analysis of his/her territorial competitors, opportunities, and best practices to effectively recruit within the assigned territory or for the assigned program; communicates same to the Director for incorporation into the overall marketing strategy;
- Visit roll calls, fire stations, in-services, schools, colleges, places of employment, career fairs, etc., to meet with and speak to prospective students, whether groups or individuals; meet with school counselors, human resource offices, etc., to promote outreach activities; coordinates community workshops and retreats; arranges visits with prospective students;
- Conducts interviews to assess student needs, goals, and major choices; Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the University and schools, colleges, Cumberland Presbyterian Churches, and places of employment throughout the state and surrounding states;
- Assists in organizing programs and events designed to promote community awareness of opportunities, services, and the University mission;
- Creates and maintains a database of prospective and current students and/or potential degree candidates; Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develop mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; and develops strategies for program evaluation;
- Prepares reports and proposals; performs follow-up activities and responds to inquiries from students, contacts, and interviews; Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the College; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate's degree in education, business, or related field of study or equivalent experience; 1 - 3 years' experience in customer service, sales, and/or similar field.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.