Director of Athletic Training
The Director of Athletic Training works under the supervision of Medical Director and Athletic Administration and administers the entire scope of the Sports Medicine Department. The Director of Athletic Training will follow all Federal, State, NATA, BOC, and NAIA laws, rules, regulations, and ethical standards that apply.
- The Director of Athletic Training is responsible for the oversight of all Sports Medicine staff. This includes the operations, management, athletic prevention, evaluation, coverage, and rehabilitation duties that occur within the university’s comprehensive Athletic Training and Sports Medicine Program. Above all this individual is charged with ensuring the safety and health of all Bethel University and contracted student-athletes. The Director of Athletic Training will follow all Federal, State, NATA, BOC, and NAIA laws, rules, regulations, and ethical standards that apply.
- Responsible for keeping the departmental policy and procedure manual current, developing new policies/protocols to keep up with current practice and enforcement of all established protocols.
- Responsible for directing and implementing procedures that improve the level of care given by Sports Medicine Staff.
- Maintaining equipment and facilities.
- Implementing and maintaining necessary budget limitations, inventory, coordination, management of staff and development of the Sports Medicine.
- Work with the team doctor and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student-athletes and provide proper referral.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medicine program.
- Work with Insurance Coordinator to stay current on loss run data regarding sports injury claims.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree, 3 to 5 years experience as a Collegiate Athletic Trainer, and be certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, Tennessee Licensure.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.