ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
Director of Recruitment and Admissions
The Director of Recruitment and Admissions works directly with the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and will oversee student enrollment and recruitment for all programs. This position will lead the strategy and execution of overall admissions processes, with the goal of engaging a robust recruitment pipeline. Responsibilities include but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, leading, and managing employees; ensuring enrollment goals are achieved; building positive partnerships (internal and external entities) to advance enrollment goals; and reporting on progress as needed and representing Bethel University within the communities we serve. This position may require some travel and weekend work and other duties as assigned.
- Develop successful and trusting relationships and contribute to the creation and maintenance of a supportive and encouraging environment to foster the department’s success.
- Network with organizations within the community. Supervise all functions of the recruitment and admissions department.
- Works with recruiters to develop and solidify formal agreements with community colleges and corporations as needed. Prepare reports as requested.
- Develop strategic partnerships for recruiting purposes (community and technical colleges, law enforcement agencies, first responders, businesses, and other organizations).
- Drive cross-departmental collaboration to ensure programmatic outcomes are met and to ensure the admission process is uniform and rapid.
- Oversee the hiring, onboarding, training, management, and development of Admissions and Recruitment teams. Implement performance reviews for each recruiter and admission counselor.
- Approve expense reports, check requests, time off requests (personal, sick, vacation), attendance, and travel requests.
- Provide training opportunities for staff members as needed. Assist with Marketing material (i.e. Flyers, letters, brochures, postcards).
- Work with recruiters in the field.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in management or related field preferred. Must have a minimum of five years' experience in management and/or higher education; experience in recruitment, admissions, partnership development and community organizing; thorough knowledge of the business sector, higher education, marketing skills, and the ability to lead while building positive relationships; must be proficient in computer technology.
Location: Nashville / Jackson / McKenzie
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.