Financial Aid Counselor, College of Arts & Sciences
Reports to: Director of Traditional Financial Aid
Bethel University is seeking candidates to work in University Financial Services.
The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for precise and efficient analysis of student billing ledgers.
1. Counsels and advises students and/or parents about financial aid eligibility.
2. Generates financial aid awards for both prospective and current students; collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine eligibility within federal and/or institutional guidelines.
3. Counsels, collects and reviews verification documents to determine Title IV eligibility.
4. Analyzes various system-generated reports such as grades, enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of award and any alternatives to correct issues.
5. Coordinate and administer financial aid appeals and professional judgements.
Must have a High School Diploma, GED, HiSet or Technical Certificate in Business or Accounting or related on-the-job experience.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.