Instructor/Assistant Professor of Sports Management
The Division of Health and Human Performance at Bethel University invites applications for a full-time teaching position. Currently the department offers four majors, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Fitness and Wellness, and Sports Management. The department provides courses that increase students’ knowledge and skills in life-long activities regardless of age or ability level of the participant.
Qualifications for this position:
• Minimum of master’s degree in sport management, sport marketing, sport business, or related field
• For individuals with exceptional backgrounds and achievement in academic, business, government, or other professional practice
• Experience working in the sport industry, exclusive of or in addition to coaching
• Experience teaching undergraduate courses in sport management, such as current issues in intercollegiate athletics, human resources management in sport, international sport management, introduction to sport management, leadership and management in sport, social issues in sport, sport analytics, sport communication, and/or sport facilities and event management
• An earned doctorate or ABD in sport management, sports marketing, sport business, business, or related field
• A strong teaching background that includes creative online pedagogy
• Experience and interest in working with diverse student populations and first-generation students is highly desirable
• Demonstrated collegiality to participate in and support a collaborative working environment
• Ability to teach in more than one emphasis in the division
• Teach a variety of undergraduate sport management courses.
• Adhere to the mission of the department and University.
• Maintain a minimum of 10 office hours.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and position will start August 2022. For consideration, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and three letters of reference.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.