Instructor of Nursing-Maternal/Newborn Specialty
Under the general direction of the Director of the Department of Nursing, the faculty in the Department of Nursing will be responsible for the facilitation of the education of nursing students. Assume primary responsibility for planning, teaching, and evaluating content for specific nursing courses.
- Utilize a model of student-driven education by guiding individual development of students; collaborate with students to develop learning experiences and create an environment that focuses on learning.
- Design curricula that are dynamic, flexible, meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Focus on learning outcomes and accountability of student learning and program outcomes.
- Participate in recruitment and advisement of students interested in the nursing program.
- Maintain clinical and teaching competence.
- Serve as a role model of professional nursing for students and colleagues.
- Maintain appropriate professional affiliations.
- Participate in community activities to promote nursing and Bethel University activities.
- Participate in program evaluation and accreditation activities.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
- Maintain professional, legal, and ethical standards for the practice of nursing.
Current Tennessee Nursing License and a Master’s Degree in Nursing with clinical proficiency in the Maternal/Newborn specialty is required. 1-3 years of teaching experience is preferred.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.