The responsibilities of the BU Library Director include (but are not limited to):
- Administer all library resources and services in support of academic programs.
- Provide vision and direction for library services in collaboration with faculty, administration, and staff.
- Oversee and evaluate library personnel.
- Advocate for and promote the library and its services as a critical component of institutional academic excellence.
- Work closely with the VPs of all three colleges to provide the resources and services needed.
- Supervise the selection of library materials, while consulting faculty and staff to ensure the library's support of new and existing curricula.
An MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited program is required. Seven years of experience in a library with a minimum of three years in a supervisory capacity is desired.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.