Medical Coding Instructor
Bethel University College of Professional Studies is seeking candidates for Medical Coding Instructor to teach in the Continuing Education Department.
The Medical Coding Instructor will instruct students within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning and student success. The instructor must possess the ability to work with students from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. The salary of employment will be contracted per class. This class will be held via zoom.
- Teach the 72 hours course curriculum with accuracy. Build knowledge and develop student skills.
- Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content.
- Communicate effectively with students and all those affiliated with the course.
- Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills, and concepts of good patient care.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
- Associate Degree or higher in Medical Coding or related field.
- Must have a Certified Professional Coder Certification.
- 3-5 years’ experience in medical coding or medical billing.
- Previous online teaching experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
4. Detailed oriented, must be organized and have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
5. Knowledge of and ability to apply current education methodologies and techniques.
6. Proficient in medical terminology.
7. Strong computer skills.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.