Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility: The Military Department Representative’s primary duty is to assist incoming service members, veterans, and their dependents with new and returning enrollment paperwork and to answer general questions or address concerns relating to the use of military benefits of all types. The Military Representative is also responsible for working with representatives of other University departments to accommodate student needs, providing support to students to increase overall retention rates while also supporting the mission of the University, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the administration. Weekend and evening work may be required periodically. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works closely with enrollment departments University-wide to identify incoming and returning students seeking to use military benefits.
2. Assists new and returning students to secure the correct paperwork for their benefit-type. Completes a final audit of student enrollment files before notifying the student and their enrollment counselor that the military file is complete.
3. Accurately inputs student data and uploads documents into the appropriate student databases.
4. Maintains Bethel-issued e-mail account, departmental email account, and phone messages. The Military Representative responds to all messages within one business day of the initial contact.
5. Complements University enrollment goals by encouraging withdrawn military students to re-enroll and assisting them through the re-enrollment process. Assists with the promotion of University programs through word-of-mouth advertising and sharing social media content.
6. Creates and maintains database records for assigned military students to ensure all students receive a consistent level of superior customer service and records of contact with students that may be shared across departments.
7. Adheres to the core values as set forth by Bethel University’s College of Professional Studies.
8. Performs other related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree or equivalent experience of two years in higher education, record keeping, VA experience, clerical or administrative experience; Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a team. Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.