The Military Specialist for Military and Veteran Services is responsible for processing military education benefits, including but not limited to verifications, certifications, and select invoicing at the state and federal level. In addition, this position will serve as a School Certifying Official and will provide certification services to our benefit-eligible students. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process military education benefits, including but not limited to verifications, certifications, and select invoicing at the state and federal levels.
- Secure enrollments and updates using software, such as VA- ONCE, Tungsten, external Tuition Assistance Portals, and internal database management systems.
- Assist students with answering questions in person; contact us via webchat, over the phone, and email.
- Track laws and regulations through trainings, reference pages, and School Certifying Official handbook that might affect the organization's policies.
- Partner inter-departmentally with department liaisons to educate, collaborate, and inform of important updates.
- Perform related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
High school diploma or equivalent. Four years experience in customer service, records management, administrative support, billing, accounting or related field preferred. Sense of urgency, attention to details, strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be a team player, computer savvy and have organizational and time management skills.
Location: Paris, TN or Jackson, TN
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.