Night/Weekend Circulation Assistant
The Night/Weekend Circulation Assistant performs duties related to circulation and reference services; answers technology questions; monitors student behavior; recognizes and responds to user information needs using appropriate resources; performs routine clerical duties related to the operation of the library; closes the library on nights and weekends and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs duties relating to technical services, circulation, and reference.
2. Assists students and faculty in the location of resources.
3. Assists in maintaining the appearance of the library.
4. Monitors and troubleshoots copiers and VendPrint Interface.
5. Answers routine inquiries and refers patrons to professional librarians as needed.
6. Instructs patrons in how to access references sources and electronic resources.
7. Oversees closing procedures and ensures building is empty and secure at closing.
8. Maintains an atmosphere conducive to study and research.
9. Takes action to deal with disruptive or problem patrons, working with Security as necessary.
10. Tracks library statistics as required.
Must have High school diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years customer service experience. Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of customer service experience preferred.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.