Night/Weekend Library Circulation Assistant-Part Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION
• Performs technical services tasks as assigned which may include accessioning new materials, copy cataloging, correcting call number stickers, editing current MARC records, or other bibliographic material in Koha, troubleshooting problems with materials found during circulation (damaged books, incorrect call numbers, missing barcode, etc.).
• Performs duties relating to the circulation desk (checking out items, collecting fines, etc.)
• Assists students and faculty in location of resources
• Directs work study students in assigned duties
• Assists in maintaining the appearance of the library
• Monitors copy machines and VendPrint interface
• Answers routine inquiries, and refers patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians
• Instructs patrons on how to access reference sources and automated information systems
• Oversees closing procedures and ensures that building is properly vacated and secured at closing
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; related work experience preferred
• Intermediate to expert level of computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office and basic troubleshooting of software errors
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.