Under the general direction of Vice President of Finance and direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources the Payroll Specialist manages the payroll process and performs accounting-related tasks.
1. Assisting new employees with completing new hire documents and providing information regarding payroll dates, deductions and answering basic new hire questions
2. Submit all new hire paperwork for compliance with federal, state, and company policies
3. Provide employee reports monthly, quarterly, and annually for compliance with all federal and state policies
4. Process payroll which includes data entry, payroll changes, benefit deductions, taxes, entering timesheet data, calculating payroll for full time and part-time employees, processing check vouchers for each employee, and sending ACH files to the bank for direct deposit posting
5. Prepare adjunct contracts for each College (each semester)
6. Process payments for semi-monthly and month-end invoices
7. Process payroll tax payments and quarterly tax reports
8. Reconcile retirement payroll reports
9. Employment verification
10. Process purchase requests for office supplies
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or 1-2 years of work experience in Payroll Administration.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.