Under the general direction of the Program Director and the direct supervision of the Academic Director, the primary responsibilities include teaching and evaluating students. Serve as an assigned advisor for PA students in didactic and clinical year classes. Contribute to the program recruitment and admissions process. Involvement in the activities of regional, state and national organizations concerned with promoting a positive image of the PA concept. Participate in Committee activities and provide advising and academic counseling of students. Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum for PA education. Work with the program and college leadership to maintain continued accreditation. Participate on didactic and clinical teams and teach in areas of expertise
- Provide student instruction.
- Participate in student performance evaluation in didactic year, clinical year and return to campus.
- Provide remedial instruction per program policy.
- Participate in assigned committee meetings.
- Work in accordance with the program’s curriculum statement and policies.
- Participate in the development of the mission statement for the program.
- Participate in the selection of applicants for admission to the program.
- Counsel and advise students regarding academic matters.
- Assist with administration and evaluation of the program.
- Ensure/maintain the confidentiality of student information.
- Participate in self-study and continuous evaluation of the program.
The candidate must be a graduate of an accredited PA Program and possess a graduate degree in Physician Assistant Studies or comparable degree with a minimum of three years clinical experience. The candidate must be NCCPA certified with appropriate clinical practice experience, and hold a current PA license in Tennessee or be eligible for licensure.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.