Recruiter for Nashville, TN
The Recruiter is primarily responsible for designing and implementing strategies to meet or exceed recruitment of student goals set by the University; plans and oversees operational and administrative activities; and works with representatives of other University departments to accommodate needs, to generate support, and is responsible for establishing and administering programs for targeting, recruiting, and retention of students in graduate and/or undergraduate programs.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students; assists students with completion of applications; and coordinates applications for financial assistance;
- Participates in the development of student recruitment and retention plans, strategies, and written materials;
- Composes a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats (SWOT) analysis of his/her territorial competitors, opportunities, and best practices to effectively recruit within the assigned territory or for the assigned program; communicates same to the Director for incorporation into the overall marketing strategy;
- Visits schools, colleges, places of employment, career fairs, etc., to meet with and speak to prospective students, whether groups or individuals; meets with school counselors, human resource offices, etc., to promote outreach activities; coordinates community workshops and retreats; arranges visits with prospective students;
- Conducts interviews to assess student needs, goals, and major choices;
- Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the University and schools, colleges, Cumberland Presbyterian Churches, and places of employment throughout the state and surrounding states;
- Assists in organizing programs and events designed to promote community awareness of opportunities, services, and the University mission;
- Creates and maintains a database of prospective and current students and/or potential degree candidates; Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; and develops strategies for program evaluation;
- Prepares reports and proposals; performs follow-up activities and responds to inquiries from students, contacts, and interviews; Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the College; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
Associate's degree in education, business, or related field of study or equivalent experience; 1 - 3 years' experience in customer service, sales, and/or similar field.
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: Director of Recruitment
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.