Recruiter-Physician Assistant Program
Reports to: Associate Recruitment Director and the Clinical Director
Under the general supervision of the Recruitment Associate Director, the Bethel University Physician Assistant Program (BUPAP) Recruiter is responsible for implementing strategies to meet or exceed recruitment of clinical year preceptors and rotation site goals set by the University; assist in designing and developing strategies for recruitment in preceptors and future program applicants; assist the Admissions Director with program admissions requirements; and work with representatives of other University departments to accommodate needs, to generate support, and to ensure effectiveness of the recruitment process to support the mission of the University, policies and procedures of the administration, and directives of the Board of Trustees.
- Perform duties in accordance with the philosophy, policies and procedures of the program.
- Attend annual conferences for preceptor recruitment as necessary.
- Visit current hub areas and clinical sites to maintain and build new relationships with existing hospitals, clinics and providers.
- Travel to new hub areas to recruit new preceptors and agreements.
- Participate in the development of preceptor recruitment and retention plans, strategies, and written materials of the Clinical Department.
- Serve as a liaison to develop partnerships between the University and medical institutions, colleges, Cumberland Presbyterian Churches, and places of employment throughout the state and surrounding states.
- Assist in organizing programs and events designed to promote community awareness of opportunities, services, and the University mission.
- Assist in maintaining the database of prospective and current preceptors and/or potential clinical rotation sites.
- Assist in the analysis of trends in recruitment and retention programs.
- Assist the Admissions Director and Recruitment Associate Director in admission requirements during the application cycle and orientation week.
- Participate in the development of operating goals and objectives for the Physician Assistant Program.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in education, business, or related field of study or 1-3 years’ experience in medical administrative environment, other healthcare related field or education.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.