Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility:
The Registrar provides professional services in support of the maintenance of academic records for students enrolled in the College of Professional Studies. This includes transcript evaluation and maintenance, prior learning assessment, degree audits, and oversight of the CPS portion of commencement. The Registrar oversees the CPS Catalog and works closely with the University’s Registrar and Academic Dean to ensure all of the institution’s policies and procedures are followed.
- Supervises the registrar and registration office staff.
- Conducts and supervises the transcript evaluation process from ordering, tracking and receiving of student transcripts to the evaluation and production of a student’s initial plan of study.
- Evaluates academic credentials and credit from other Colleges and Universities, both foreign and domestic, for students transferring to Bethel University.
- Oversees evaluation of non-traditional college credit, including but not limited to, military service and credit by examination.
- Conducts degree audits to ensure graduating students meet the academic requirements as set forth by the University.
- Edits and prepares the college catalog for publication each spring.
- Researches and collaborates with other department heads on creating, critiquing and revising college policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for the management of all activities in preparation for the graduation ceremony for the College of Professional Studies.
- Maintains knowledge of academic and transfer policies and best practices.
- Prepares the CPS Dean’s List for each term.
- Conducts routine checks to ensure integrity of the data entered into the student database.
- Manages the Radius and CAMS systems as they pertain to the functions of the registrar and registration offices.
- Abides by the CPS Core Values.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Bachelor’s degree: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word), 5+ years’ experience as an Assistant or Associate Registrar in an institution of higher education; or 3+ years’ experience as a college Registrar.
Location: Clarksville, TN or Paris, TN
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.