ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
The Registrar provides professional services in support of the admissions and registration process for the College of Professional Studies. The Registrar works closely with the University's Registrar and Academic Dean to ensure all of the institution's policies and procedures are followed. This position organizes and supervises daily operations related to the management of undergraduate and/or graduate student academic records (veterans & military included), records system processing, retention, and related areas.
- Supervises the transcript, evaluation, and Military Affairs staff.
- Conducts and supervises the transcript evaluation process from ordering, tracking, and receiving of student transcripts; to the evaluation and production of the student’s initial plan of study.
- Evaluates academic credentials and credit from other Colleges and Universities, both foreign and domestic, for students transferring to Bethel University.
- Evaluates non-traditional college credit, including but not limited to, Military Service and Credit by Examination.
- Conducts Degree Audits to ensure graduating students meet the academic requirements as set forth by the University.
- Edits and prepares the college catalog for publication each spring.
- Research and collaborate with other department heads on creating, critiquing, and revising college policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for the management of all activities in preparation for the graduation ceremony for the College of Professional Studies. Maintain knowledge of academic and transfer policies and best practices.
- Assists the University Events Coordinator with ceremony preparation and management as needed.
- Reviews student records for satisfactory academic progress and prepares probation and suspension letters as needed.
- Conducts routine checks to ensure the integrity of the data entered into the student database.
- Manages the Radius and CAMS systems as they pertain to the functions of the Registrar’s Office and Military Office.
- Maintains a current understanding of all State and Federal regulations regarding Veterans Benefits assuring the College’s compliance.
- Supervises the Military Adviser/School Certifying Official to ensure all VA academic records are in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
Bachelor's degree is required; Proficiency in Microsoft Office products a must (Excel and Word). Five-plus years' experience as an Assistant or Associate Registrar in an institution of higher education; or three plus years' experience as a college Registrar.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.