Each Registration Specialist will specialize in a specifically designated area in the description below. But overall, the responsibilities will include managing student course registrations, drops, withdrawals, and other record maintenance. The Registration Specialist will also work within the registration team to problem-solve registration-related concerns and maintain registration-related data and records. The Registration Specialist is responsible for the ordering, tracking, and initial processing of all student transcripts in support of the enrollment process of the College of Professional Studies.
The Registration Specialist is responsible for the management of student academic records and verifying that students are meeting graduation requirements within the policies and procedures set forth by the University. Also, the Registration Specialist works to ensure the integrity of student data entered into the various systems and coordinates activities with the Registration Team Leader and other stakeholders to assist Bethel University in reaching its goals. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process registrations for all students within College of Professional Studies programs and maintain withdrawal list.
- Maintain special offering classes/enrollment on registration sheets.
- Process drops and withdrawals for all students within College of Professional Studies programs.
- Receive and process student admission documents from a variety of sources, i.e., fax, mail, and email.
- Create and maintain student files upon receipt of admission documents; examine, classify, and sort admission documents for processing.
- Use RADIUS to create and send transcript requests for electronic signature and assist with tracking outstanding transcripts and admissions documentation.
- Perform the necessary research to obtain ordering information for student transcripts from a variety of sources. Send transcript requests to the appropriate institution using the most reliable and expedient method. Serve as primary liaison and point of contact between the Office of the Registrar and other educational institutions in matters pertaining to the ordering of student transcripts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Admissions in tracking outstanding transcripts and admissions documents. Notify Admissions regarding NSLDS alerts and “Holds” that prevent the release of a transcript from other institutions.
- Utilize various MS Office products, the student information system (ECAMS), and Radius to order, track, and document student file completion progress.
- Assist with the coordination of all activities and preparation for graduation ceremony for the College of Professional Studies.
- Enter grades for the College of Professional Studies, which includes monitoring grade changes (ECAMS).
- Build program calendars/course offerings in academic system, ECAMS.
- Maintain knowledge of academic policies, transfer practices, and the use of office tools/systems (ECAMS/RADIUS).
- Assist the Office of the Registrar with data entry as needed.
- Perform related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
- Demonstrate the CPS Core Values in daily activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; ability to take initiative and work independently; a sense of urgency; attention to detail and accuracy; solid computer experience.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.