ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
Bethel University’s College of Arts and Sciences is seeking candidates to work as Resident Directors on the McKenzie campus.
The Resident Director will select, train, instruct, and supervise undergraduate Residential Life staff (Resident Assistants) and will manage operational functions in assigned residence halls. The Resident Director will coordinate administrative operations and participate in the overall planning and management of the residence hall system.
- Job Responsibilities Include:
Participate in RD training sessions developed by the Director of Housing & Resident Life and other University leaders
- Participate in the planning of housing-related activities
- Assist in developing and implementing educational materials and training programs for Resident Assistants (RA’s)
- Establish and maintain constructive communication with the students who are living in the residence hall
- Guide RA’s and residents on how to handle conflict and how to de-escalate conflict
- Instruct RA’s on how to write and file a room citation in accordance with BU policies and procedures; provide RA’s assistance with interpreting and applying BU policies and procedures
- Supervise, schedule, and maintain a log for all hall monitors and RA’s in the residence hall
- Instruct RA’s on motivational approaches to health and safety (practical and empathetic interviewing approaches)
- Help develop coping skills and socialization techniques
- Direct residents in finding BU offices and departments that can address non-housing concerns
- Provide crisis support until proper authorities have arrived on the scene
- Minimum Qualifications:
The RD must have a Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years work experience in a residential life/housing facility at a college or university.
- The RD must have strong and compassionate communication skills.
- The RD will be familiar with Bethel University’s The Log and all policies and procedures related to campus housing.
- The RD will be provided with housing on campus and is required to reside in said housing.
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Housing & Residence Life
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.