Returning Student Counselor
The Returning Student Counselor is relentlessly focused on the success of our students who have previously dropped out or stopped the enrollment process in the College of Professional Studies. This means contacting withdrawn students, encouraging them to achieve their educational goals, and counseling them to overcome personal, academic, and financial barriers they have encountered.
- Interact directly with former students in person or by telephone, email, text message.
- Manage potential returning student leads and advise them on re-enrollment process.
- Meet department re-enrollment goals.
- Enter, process, and manage data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and the Student Information System.
- Manage follow-up and maintain records of events and prospect conversations to increase student enrollment for the College.
- Make decisions regarding at-risk student academic records as it pertains to student returning to the program.
- Manage and create student schedules upon their first term re-admitted to the program.
- Determine appropriate course of action for each student’s file completion on a case-by-case basis. Work with advising, financial aid, billing, and registrar’s office to ensure each file is completed expediently.
- Respond promptly to student inquiries.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments. Maintain proficient understanding of all procedures of College of Professional Studies. Cross train on responsibilities to provide backup support for other Admissions staff members as needed.
- Abide by the CPS Core Values. Help CPS achieve its enrollment, student success, and academic quality goals.
Bachelor’s degree with work experience relevant to the job duties described above and basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
Location: Nashville, Clarksville, Paris, Jackson or Memphis, TN
Reports to: Associate Director of Admissions
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.